Returns and Refunds
LUMES wants you to be delighted with your new glasses. However, in the unfortunate case that you’re not completely satisfied, we’re here to help.
Standard Return Policy
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased online from LUMES:
- You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from the LUMES website can be returned. LUMES products purchased through other retailers must be returned in accordance with their respective returns and refunds policy.
- Buy 2 pairs for €70: If you return one item you will be refunded the price of the discounted frame. For example, if the first item is €40 and the second is €30, you will receive a refund of €30.
- Please ensure that the item you're returning is repackaged with all the packaging* and documentation that were included when you received it.
*If the glasses case is missing, you will be charged €5.
How to Return an Item
Just follow these simple steps:
- Find your order number in the confirmation email you received when you placed your order.
- Email email@example.com stating that you wish to return an item and the reason why. Please include your order number in the subject line of the email. You will receive an email with the LUMES company returns address.
- Create and print a label with the LUMES company returns address.
- Pack item(s) in the original packaging including any documentation, accessories and manuals received with the product - make sure the package is secure and that the contents do not risk being damaged during shipping.
- Attach the Return Label on the outside of the package covering any previous address label.
- We highly recommend you use a traceable and insurable shipping method. LUMES cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged packages.
Once we receive your item, a refund is initiated immediately. The way your refund is processed depends on your original payment method:
- If you paid by credit or debit card, refunds will be sent to the card-issuing bank within five business days of receipt of the returned item or cancelation request. Please contact the card-issuing bank with questions about when the credit will be posted to your account.
- If you paid via another payment service (e.g Paypal), refunds will be processed in accordance with that particular provider’s policy. Please contact the payment provider you used about when the credit will be posted to your account.
- LUMES does not cover the return costs. However, if you send back a product you will receive a full refund for the price of that product.
Exchange an item
If you purchased your item from the LUMES website, you can exchange your product free of charge. Item exchanges are, of course, subject to product availability. You will be able to see if the item is available on the individual product page. You can find a full list of our current product range here. If the item you are exchanging is non-defective, then postage for the exchange will be charged at standard rates.
Items ordered online from LUMES that arrived damaged or are incorrect can be returned to LUMES by contacting customer service. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include"Damaged / incorrect” and your order number in the subject line. Please also provide a brief explanation of why the product was defective.